These fantastic glow in the dark face painting designs are perfect for creating a spectacular neon look!
We’re sharing some of our favorite glow in the dark face paint ideas, along with recommended supplies.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
There is something super fun about these glow in the dark face paint ideas! Face paint is one thing, but glow in the dark paint is even more fun.
Whether you have a Halloween party, rave, or other event coming up, these neon face paint designs are a fun way to look your best.
Go ahead and check out all of these options, so you can choose the perfect glow in the dark face paint idea for the event you’re attending!
Helpful Supplies for Creating Your Glow in the Dark Face Paint Designs
While hiring a professional face painter is a great way to have a talented artist do a fantastic job with your design, you don’t have to be a makeup artist to create an awesome glow-in-the-dark look.
You just need an easy face painting idea!
However, the next step is making sure you have the right supplies and tools! Doing so will make it even easier to execute these easy makeup designs, especially if you’re a beginner with limited makeup application skills!
You don’t need prior art experience, but these tools are useful:
- Glow in the dark face paint is a must, of course! These glow face paint crayons make application super easy. For liquid paints, this neon paint set comes with several bright neon colors and a small black light you can use to check your creations at home before heading out.
- This glow paint set comes with different colors, plus brushes and stencils!
- Keep in mind that most glow-in-the-dark face and body paint products, particularly those neon paint options labeled as “UV glow”, “black light glow,” or “fluorescent paint,” will only glow under a black light. They are typically not “self-luminous,” meaning they won’t glow on their own without a light source.
- Phosphorescent glow paint should work even in the absence of a black light (such as outside or a dark room), but you may have to “charge” the vibrant colors of the paint first by exposing your face painting to UV lighting ahead of time.
- Glow-in-the-dark face and body glitter is also a fun addition to go along with your glow in the dark makeup product.
You’ll also want to check out our tips for how to remove face paint after the big event!
Glow in the Dark Face Painting Design Ideas
When kids get glow in the dark face painting done, they feel special! These face painting designs are easy to do! Neon glow in the dark face paint works great with these ideas.
1. Flower Glow in the Dark Face Paint
You’ve never seen anything like this incredible glow in the dark face paint design that has amazing flowers!
The face-framing design will look fabulous under the UV black lights.
2. Hearts Glow in the Dark Design
These hearts are the perfect glow in the dark face paint design, particularly if you want something quick and easy.
Using glow in the dark crayon style paints is an easy way to draw these around your eyes fast.
3. Glowing Swirls
Glow in the dark swirls? Yes!
This option for glow in the dark face paint is super simple, and it can be repeated across your face if you want a more detailed design.
Use whatever colors you like, or keep it monochromatic.
4. Neon Butterfly Face Paint
This face paint design is a great idea and it only covers one eye. Using regular black face paint as an outline provides some contrast and shadowing, which is perfect!
5. Glowing Unicorn on the Face
Kids can get in on the glow in the dark fun, too!
This unicorn glow paint design goes right in the center of the forehead. The eyes are covered with fun wings!
You could also check out our favorite unicorn face paint designs, and simply create them with glow-in-the-dark paint for a neon look.
6. Glow in the Dark Stars
Glow in the dark stars are one of the easiest neon face paint designs, because everyone knows how to draw stars!
Create clusters or cascades of the luminescent stars, in different sizes or colors, to make them more visually interesting.
7. Starburst Face Paint Design
Looking for a glowing face paint design that looks amazing?
This radiating starburst design is full of bright colors! Best of all, you don’t need to be a makeup artist to pull this one off. Simple shapes and contrasting dots are the name of the game here.
8. Fire & Ice Face Paint Design
This fire and ice design uses the same shapes around the eyes, but one side is red to look like flames, while the other side is blue to look like ice.
Such a fun contrast and a unique design.
9. Glow in the Dark Rainbow Face Paint
If you love color, this rainbow glow design is great!
It’s just a simple swirl, where each segment is created with a different color. Talk about easy peasy!
Be sure to check out more of our favorite rainbow face paint ideas, too!
10. Glowing Rose
If you want a fun and simple design, this rose is perfect for you! It’s a glow in the dark option, which makes it even more fun.
All you need is a stencil and your glow in the dark paint!
11. Neon Dot Design
This simple design is made just with dots! You can use different colors, change up the direction of them, include clusters, and more.
Who says you have to be an artist to have great face paint?
How to Make Glow in the Dark Face Paint
Although you can buy glow in the dark face paint, it is often cheaper to make your own.
According to ScienceNotes, you can make your own neon face paint that glows in the dark!
You need just four ingredients:
- Cornstarch – This acts as a binder that helps the paint stick to your face, and also provides some reflective properties.
- Cold Cream – Using a thick lotion, such as cold cream, serves as the base for the face paint.
- Glow Pigment – This is the magic ingredient that helps the paint to glow in the dark.
- Food Coloring – An optional ingredient, food coloring can help you create different colors of paint.
You can check out ScienceNote’s method and amounts of ingredients for making your own glow-in-the-dark face paint.
Glowing Neon Face Paint Ideas
The next time you’re looking for glow in the dark face paint options, these ideas are perfect for you.
You don’t need to be an expert to do these neon face paint designs. Pick one and run with it, the end result will be amazing!