These dinosaur face painting designs are the perfect way to show some prehistoric flair!
Dino-loving kids will adore these dinosaur face paint ideas, and you’ll love how easy they are to recreate!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
Face painting is such a fun way to dress up your face for a party or carnival. If you’re looking for some fun face paint designs for kids, why not try some dinosaur face paint ideas?
There are lots of great designs to choose from, whether you want a small dinosaur on a cheek, or a design that paints the entire face!
Some people might want to do dinosaur face painting because they want to have a fun and unique look to accompany their Halloween costumes.
Others might do it because they’re interested in dinosaurs and want to learn more about them, so the themed designs are extra special to them.
No matter why someone might want to do dinosaur face painting, there are lots of great ideas to choose from. Here are some of our favorite ideas to get you started.
Helpful Supplies for Creating Your Face Paint Designs
Having the right supplies and tools will make it even easier to execute these fun designs, especially for beginner face painters!
- Not sure about your artistic talent? Try this set of dinosaur face painting stencils!
- If you need an easy-to-use paint, these water-based face paint sticks make it easy!
- For a good quality, basic palette of face paints that you can use for multiple designs, this Snazaroo party pack set is perfect for getting started.
- Be sure to have plenty of green face paint on hand, as it’s the base of many of these designs.
- Dinosaur glitter tattoos can be a great option for kids who may not want their face painted.
Dinosaur Face Painting Ideas for Kids
Not everyone can hire a professional face painter for birthday parties and other big events, so we’re sharing some DIY dinosaur face paint ideas that are beginner-friendly.
If you’re looking for dinosaur face painting ideas that your kiddo will love, these ten popular face paint ideas with dinosaurs are so much fun!
1. T-Rex Face Painting
This T-rex face painting is about as cute as a dinosaur can get!
The dinosaur curves around the mouth to give it a realistic feel, so when the child opens their mouth, it looks like the dinosaur does, too!
It’s a fairly simple design you can pull off with some green face paint, some black face paint for stripes and an outline, and a hint of white face paint for accents.
2. Full Face Dino with Horns
A dinosaur with horns could be just what your little one wants!
This mask style design focuses on including the eyes and most of the face, using vibrant dark and light green colors and outlining with black paint to make it stand out even more.
3. Cartoon Dinosaur Face Painting
A fun dinosaur face painting is possible with this easy design for the cheek.
Kids love this design because it’s fun and cartoon-like, and you’ll love how easy it is to paint!
4. Teeth Showing Dinosaur
For some kids, they want to capture the ferocity of a dinosaur.
This fierce face painting focuses on showing the dinosaurs’ full set of teeth–and we think it’s glorious!
5. Easy 4 Step Dinosaur
Take the guesswork out of a face painting design with this easy four step dinosaur. Anyone can complete this fun green themed texturized face painting.
Although the tutorial shows the use of a stencil, you could also freehand the scales.
6. Mouth and Eye Dino Face Painting
Keep it simple, yet incredibly interesting with this easy dinosaur face painting that focuses on the eyes and mouth.
Kids love the final look of this dino full of teeth!
7. Simple Dinosaur Design for Toddlers
Have a toddler that would like to have a dino design, but won’t be able to sit still long enough for a detailed design?
This dinosaur face painting idea is simple enough for any toddler to enjoy, and its broad strokes make it easy to execute, even on squirmy little ones.
8. Mystical Dinosaur Design
If you prefer to go the mystical route, then this dinosaur design is perfect! Gorgeous colors and a unique dino design complete the look!
This design is more detailed and requires a bit of specialized technique, but watching the video tutorial is super helpful.
If you’ve never face painted before, you may not want to start with this design. But if you have a little experience, it’s a fun one to try!
9. Full Dinosaur on Face Design
Sometimes you just need to see the full face of the dinosaur.
This face painting allows for a full dino head, right in between the eyes! You could also paint this on a cheek, hand, or arm.
10. Fun Dinosaur Face Painting
Not every dinosaur has to be scary and this fun dino face painting shows that!
This mask-style design is about as easy as it gets, making it perfect for festivals and parties!
Dinosaur Face Paint Designs
Dinosaur face paint is a fun and unique way to celebrate your love of these prehistoric creatures.
Whether you’re looking for a simple design or something more elaborate, we’ve got you covered with some ideas that are sure to please.
Choose your favorite and start painting!
More Face Paint Designs You’ll Love:
- Magical Unicorn Face Paint Ideas
- Dragon Face Painting Ideas
- Face Painting Ideas for Boys
- Tiger Face Painting Ideas
- Adorable Dog Face Painting Designs
- Easy Mario Face Painting Ideas
- 4th of July Face Painting Designs
- Rainbow Face Paint Designs
- Festive Christmas Face Paint Ideas
- Easy Face Painting Ideas for Cheeks
- Fox Face Paint Ideas for Adults or Kids
- Sonic the Hedgehog Face Paint
- Magical Butterfly Face Paint Ideas
- Game Day Face Paint Designs
- Easy Bunny Face Paint Designs